Hello and welcome to Take Back Kentucky, a liberty oriented website serving the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Through the content offered on our page, we present pressing political issues that threaten the liberty of our Commonwealth’s citizens. We invite you to take part! Come to a meeting, follow us on Facebook and Twitter(see links on lower right hand column), or sign up for our e-mail alerts.
Also pardon us if some pages are not complete or missing information, we are currently in a state of updating some items on our website.
Please See the ALERTS Tab to the right or the Legislative Alerts Page under the Legislation Tab Above
Take Back Kentucky is a coalition of organizations and individuals dedicated to the advancement of liberty in Kentucky. We normally meet every 3rd Saturday of the month, except in December we meet on the 2nd Saturday
Saturday, November 21st, 2015 1:00PM ET/12:00PM CT
121 Towne Drive
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Guest Moderator: Michael Brown
1:10 highlights from legislator education tour
1:15 Early Childhood Education, the United Nations, and Communist Movement
1:30 Social Studies Standards – prep for Dec 9 Board Meeting
1:45 Working Groups to contact legislators and board members
2:00 Outreach plans – regional meetings, petitions, legislator education coordinators
2:45 Prefiled bills
Current 2015 Legislative Alert
- Oppose: SB 29 Gas Tax Increase – Issued Feb 4th
- Oppose: HB 513 Gas Tax Increase – Issued March 1st, Updated March 8th
- Support: SB 7 Ultrasound Bill – Issued Feb 5th, Updated March 1st
- Oppose: SB 67 CCDW Training Change – Issued Feb 5th
- Oppose: HB 2 Increasing Minimum Wage – Issued Feb 5th; Updated March 1st
- Oppose: HB 1 Local Option Sales Tax. Issued Feb 12th; Updated March 1st
- Support: SB 40 Medical Cannabis – Issued Feb 16th;
- Oppose: HB 443 Public Private Partnerships – P3’s – Issued Feb 16th
- Support: HB 206 Rectify Mandatory Workers Comp Law – Issued Feb 22nd, Updated March 1st
- Support: HB 70 Former Non-violent Felons Right to Vote – Issued Feb 22nd
- Oppose: HB 8 Dating Violence - Issued Feb 23rd; Updated March 1st, Updated March 8th
- Support: SB 54 Keep Seasoned Law Enforcement – Issued Feb 24; Updated March 1st
- Oppose: HB 24 OTC Cough Meds Restrictions – Issued Feb 24; Updated March 1st, Update March 4th,
- Oppose: SB 115 Books for Brains - Issued Feb 25th; Updated March 1st, Updated March 8th
- Support: SB 71 Student Religious and Political Liberty Bill – Issued March 1st, Updated March 8th
- Oppose: HB 4 $3.3 Billion Teachers Pension Bond – Issued March 1st
- Support: HB 321 Redact SSN’s on Voter Registration Records – Issued March 2nd, Updated March 8th
- Oppose: HB 267 Driving Certificates for Illegal Aliens – Issued March 2nd
- Oppose: HB 296 Election Rights Regulations – Issued March 2nd
- Oppose: HB 100 Energy Project Assessment Districts – Issued March 3rd, Updated March 8th
- Support: HB 33 Repeal and Replace Common Core - Issued March 3rd
- Oppose: HB 229 New Energy/Electricity Regulations – Issued March 4th
The General Election is getting into full swing and many grassroots activists are involved in that. We have recently endorsed Republican Matt Bevin for Governor. Now is the time of year we monitor the interim meetings and prefiled bills, to do so please go to www.lrc.ky.gov, this is a great help and way to get involved.
Handouts and Bill Mark-ups of interest.
Take Back Kentucky is a grassroots coalition of organizations and individuals in the state dedicated to the advancement of the Constitution, Liberty and Free Markets. We normally meet on the third Saturdayof every month except in December we meet on the second Saturday. Our Next meeting is: Saturday, November 21st, 2015 @ 1PM ET/12PM CT […]Read More
Take Back Kentucky is a grassroots coalition of organizations and individuals in the state dedicated to the advancement of the Constitution, Liberty, and Free Markets. We normally meet on the third Saturday of every month except in December we meet on the second Saturday. Our Next meeting is: Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 1 PM […]Read More
Take Back Kentucky is a coalition of organizations and individuals dedicated to the advancement of liberty in Kentucky. We normally meet every 3rd Saturday of the month, except in December we meet on the 2nd Saturday Saturday, September 19th, 2015 1:00PM ET/12:00PM CT “FAMILY BUFFET” 121 Towne Drive Elizabethtown, KY 42701 (270) 763-0091 Guest Moderator: Michael Brown […]Read More
Recently at the last TBK meeting held on 8/15/2015, we endorsed Republican Matt Bevin for Governor in the General Election against Democrat Jack Conway. During the meeting his Lt. Governor candidate Jenean Hampton spoke to the group. After hearing her speak and knowing Matt already, we are convinced they are the better ticket. We know […]Read More
Disclaimer: This commentary submitted by the moderator of TBK Adrienne Gilbert. It is not intended to speak for TBK. Update 9:10 – Slight draft change, mostly the same but correct version is now posted. There has been plenty of information and misinformation regarding the ACLU case against Kim Davis. After attending both evidentiary hearings and […]Read More
Take Back Kentucky is a grassroots coalition of organizations and individuals in the state dedicated to the advancement of the Constitution, Liberty and Free Markets. We normally meet on the third Saturday of every month except in December we meet on the secondSaturday. Our Next meeting is: Saturday, August 15, 2015 Family Buffet 121 Towne […]Read More
What you need to know: There has not been action on the Social Studies Standards for Common Core in about a year. There have been some tweaks since the 1st reading last year, but no significant changes that make them any better than they were before. It is not known if the next reading would […]Read More
Take Back Kentucky has several issues of which we are engaged in or have taken stances on. A brief list of those would be as follows. The order in which they are presented are of no particular importance.
- Pro-Second Amendment/Gun Rights
- Pro-Private Property
- Pro-Food Freedom
- Pro-Industrial Hemp
- Pro-Medical Cannabis
- Pro-Civil Liberties
- Pro-Education Choice/Home-school
- Pro-Privacy and Due Process/Anti-Surveillance
- Anti-Common Core, or any other Federal/Corporate Standardized Education System
- Anti-Universal Healthcare or any variation thereof
- Anti-Illegal Immigration
- For the Repeal of the 17th Amendment
- Anti-REAL ID/Biometrics
- Anti-Agenda 21
- Audit of and the eventual End of the Federal Reserve
Our mission is to preserve the God given rights that are recognized in the constitutions of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the United States of America. We believe in the American principle of dual sovereignty and that preservation of Kentucky’s sovereignty is essential.
The US Supreme Court has ruled that the States are not an extension or branch of the Federal government and that it is the duty of those States to protect the rights of their Citizens. The Federal government is a result of the States creating and ratifying a Constitution, and is therefore an agent of the States. Our focus is to reestablish the government of the Commonwealth of Kentucky as a protector of the Citizens of Kentucky from an overreaching Federal government.
In order for Kentucky’s government to act responsibly in its duties to its Citizens we feel it is crucial that Citizens exercise their civic duties and responsibilities. We are committed to education on the issues and involvement in the governmental process. Focusing on legislation and the voting records is essential in holding our elected officials accountable. So we encourage involvement in the election process.
To accomplish this mission we must build coalitions of like minded individuals and organizations that are rooted in Liberty, Freedom, the Constitution, and Capitalistic ideals. The motto of the Commonwealth of Kentucky is “United We Stand, Divided We Fall.” Let us not fall but move forward toward restoration of our founding principles to provide a better future for our posterity.