facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Support: House Bill 221: Conceal Carry in Schools

1/19/2016

Call 1-800-372-7181

Sponsor(s):                 T. Moore

Status:                        Jan 11 Introduced, Jan 12 Assigned to Committee

Committee:                House Judiciary

Timeframe:                 Committee meets Every Wednesday @ 12PM in Annex Room 171

Message is for:           All House Leadership, Members of the House Judiciary Committee and YOUR Representative.

Message:                     “Support House Bill 221, let responsible gun owners protect our children”

Optional:                    E-mail the legislators on the committee. Example e-mail address: Firstname.Lastname@lrc.ky.gov . If that doesn’t work they have a contact page on their informational page.

Information:               This bill would allow CCDW License holders carry on public school property and public colleges and universities.  Between 2009 and 2014 statistics show from the Crime Prevention Research Center that 92% of all mass shootings in the United States occur in gun free zones, which our schools are. CLICK HERE for that report

PDF Version: HB 221 – 2016

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

10 Responses to “Support HB 221: CCDW in Public Schools/Universities”

1. Rick Poe says:

I support allowing ccdw holders to carry their concealed weapons anywhere in the Commonwealth including schools and churches. I do think it may be a good idea to require ccdw holders to “qualify” with rheir weapons to prove proficiency, or to make the initial range requirement when getting a ccdw license more challenging for the same reason.

2. Bruce says:

Nationally, as well as here in Kentucky, a person is ten times more likely to be a victim of a violent crime perpetrated by a police officer than to be the victim of a violent crime perpetrated by person with a CCDW license, according to FBI, DOJ and state police statistics. You’d be hard pressed to find a more responsible and civic minded group than those with a CCDW license. As for the calls for additional training, I’m always in favor of that, but I’m always opposed to government requirements for it. In the event of a school shooting, ANY good person with a gun would be better than none, which is what we have now.

3. Gary Roland says:

My fear is that this bill will never make it out of committee. If it gets to the House floor I think it passes. I have names and phone number of all of the Judiciary Committee if anyone needs them. I’ve already called about half of them to leave comments.

4. Gary Roland says:

I guess that I should leave my e-mail address. garyroland@outlook.com

5. Charlie Corbett says:

Veterans with CCDs licenses are a great resource for “distributed public protection””. Uniformed law enforcement can do little to prrotect citizenry from crime…only respond when there is a crime occurring with a delayed response time. Imagine a world where armed veterans are scattered throughout all public venues. This concept of “distributed public protection” makes sense in Odeys world.

6. Charlie corbett says:

Odeys world above should be “today’s world”….damned auto-complete.

7. Paul Sova says:

It is imperative to have citizens watch out for one another. We can quickly restore order, when there are no gun free zones( sitting ducks are easy targets). I fully support house bill ‘221’. Murders are cowards, they will think twice if they are subject to retaliation!

8. Ron Bolin says:

Unfortunately we I living in a world that is fillewith so much hate and violence . I feel that it has become a necessity.
    I fully support the idea of law biding citizens
    that are qualified to carry a concealed weapon
    to be able to provide protection for not only
    students, But people in the work force and public.

9. velisa says:

I agree

10. Sam Allen says:

My girlfriend and I work for a university. “Active shooter training” has been scheduled as part of our professional development. We would feel much safer if we were empowered by being legally able to use a CCDW on campus, however.