Take Back Kentucky Legislative Action Alert
Sponsor(s): W. Schroder, C. McDaniel, R. Alvarado, D. Carroll, C. Girdler, P. Hornback, A. Robinson, D. Thayer, S. West, M. Wilson, M. Wise
- Jan 06, 2016 – introduced in Senate
- Jan 07, 2016 – to Appropriations & Revenue (S)
- Jan 12, 2016 – reported favorably, 1st reading, to Calendar
- Jan 13, 2016 – 2nd reading, to Rules; posted for passage in the Regular Orders of the Day for Thursday, January 14
- Jan 14, 2016 – 3rd reading, passed 26-11
- Jan 15, 2016 – received in House
- Jan 19, 2016 – to Labor & Industry (H)
Committee: House Labor & Industry
Timeframe: Committee meets every Thursday @ 10 AM in Annex Room 149
Message is for: All House Leadership, Member of the House Labor and Industry Committee, and YOUR Representative
Message: “Support SB 9, Reduce Education Costs for our Children and Students, Remove Prevailing Wage.”
Optional: E-mail the legislators on the committee. Example e-mail address: Firstname.Lastname@lrc.ky.gov . If that doesn’t work they have a contact page on their informational page.
Information: This bill excludes Construction of Educational Buildings from Prevailing Wage Requirements. Prevailing Wages are generally 25-50% above the industry standard wages. This bill will help reduce the cost to taxpayers as well as to students as construction contracts will be brought down to a reasonable rate. The other side argues that are children and students will have subpar facilities; however, that is a fallacy as there are plenty of private buildings being built every year that are built well and up to code.
PDF Version: SB 9 – 2016