Take Back Kentucky Legislative Action Alert
Sponsor(s): A. Robinson, M. Wilson, R. Alvarado, J. Bowen, J. Carpenter, D. Carroll, J. Carroll, C. Embry Jr., D. Givens, J. Higdon, S. Humphries, D. Seum, D. Thayer, S. West, W. Westerfield, M. Wise
- Jan 06, 2016 – introduced in Senate
- Jan 12, 2016 – to Veterans, Military Affairs, & Public Protection (S)
- Jan 28, 2016 – reported favorably, 1st reading, to Calendar with Committee Substitute (1)
- Jan 29, 2016 – 2nd reading, to Rules
- Feb 03, 2016 – posted for passage in the Regular Orders of the Day for Thursday, February 4
- Feb 04, 2016 – 3rd reading, passed 31-2 with Committee Substitute (1)
- Feb 05, 2016 – received in House
- Feb 08, 2016 – to Education (H)
Committee: House Education Committee
Timeframe: Committee meets every Tuesday @ 8AM in Annex Room 154
Message is for: Your Representative, All House Leadership, and Members of the House Education Committee
Message: “Support SB 15. Students should be able to express their religious and political views without fear of censorship or reprisal”
Optional: E-mail the legislators on the committee. Example e-mail address: Firstname.Lastname@lrc.ky.gov . If that doesn’t work they have a contact page on their informational page.
Information: There is a growing trend in our public schools and universities that discriminate against conservative, capitalist, or religious speech, assembly, and expression. This bill will make clear in Kentucky that all students may have equal access under the law to express their 1st Amendment Rights without discrimination, nor force the institution to endorse that viewpoint.