Take Back Kentucky Legislative Action Alert
Sponsor(s): W. Westerfield, D. Carroll, C. Embry Jr., D. Thayer, M. Wilson, M. Wise
- Feb 04, 2016 – introduced in Senate
- Feb 08, 2016 – to Veterans, Military Affairs, & Public Protection (S)
- Feb 11, 2016 – reported favorably, 1st reading, to Calendar
- Feb 12, 2016 – 2nd reading, to Rules
- Feb 29, 2016 – posted for passage in the Regular Orders of the Day for Monday, February 29, 2016; 3rd reading, passed 32-4
- Mar 01, 2016 – received in House
- Mar 02, 2016 – to Health & Welfare (H)
Committee: House Health & Welfare Committee
Timeframe: Committee meets every Thursday @ 12PM in Annex Room 169
Message is for: Your Representative, All House Leadership, and Members of the House Health & Welfare Committee
Message: “Support SB 152. There should be an ultrasound before an abortion so the woman has all the information before an abortion is performed.”
Optional: E-mail the legislators on the committee. Example e-mail address: Firstname.Lastname@lrc.ky.gov . If that doesn’t work they have a contact page on their informational page.
Information: We at TBK have debated this issue when this bill came up a few years back. We are in principle against government mandates and interference in the market and people’s medical decisions. However, we at TBK are adamantly pro-life and while we do not agree with the abortion laws we do believe every effort should be made to save a baby’s life and if the viewing of an ultrasound will do that, then we support it.